Pharmaceutics department was started in 2011. Successfully completed 3 years .Our students are doing projects in novel drug delivery systems. Pharmaceutics department has published 12 research papers in these 3 years. This department is having the eqipments such as Probe sonicator, Ultracentrifuge, Tablet Punching machines (2), Disintigration apparatus, dissolution Apparatus (2), for carrying research in conventional dosage forms and as well as novel drug delivery systems. UV spectrophotometer (3) HPLC, TLC, Cooling centrifuge, Orbitory shakers, FTIR are purchased for the characterization and evaluatiuon of the formulations. Department is having 2 Associate Professors and 4 Assistant Professors for an efficient teaching.
On going Projects in the pharmaceutics Department
- Preparation and physicochemical characterization of Vincristine sulfate loaded polycaprolactone nanoparticles by various techniques.
- Formulation and evaluation of extended release tablets of Desvenlafaxine succinate
- Preparation and characterization of Sulfasalazine loaded polymeric nanoparticles by solvent evaporation technique and salting out technique.
- Preparation and characterization of Sulfasalazine loaded polymeric nanoparticles by nanoprecipitation method and ionic gelation.
- Preparation and characterization of Mefenamic acid loaded polymeric nanoparticlesby solvent evaporation technique and ionic gelation technique.
- Development and characterization of Xanthum gum and chitosan polyelectrolyte complex as drug delivery carrier.
- Preparation and characterization of Mefenamic acid loaded polymeric nanoparticles by nanoprecipitation method and desolvation technique
- Formulation and evaluation of Oro-dispersible tablets of Candesartan celexetil using natural super disintegrants.
- Formulation and evaluation of immediate release tablets of Quinapril Hydrochloride by direct compression.
- Formulation and evaluation of non-effervescent gastric floating tablets of Cefuroxime axetil.
Our student Sree lola got First prize for oral presentation in 3rd international conference on drug delivery held during 2014at PSG College of pharmacy, Coimbatore on Preparation and characterization of Diltiazem Hcl loaded BSA nanoparticles by desolvation technique
M-Pharmacy students of our department has published Four papers in international journals
- Swati, A.Krishna sailaja.Preparation and characterization of ibuprofen loaded ethyl cellulose nanoparticles by nanoprecipitation technique. 2014. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and clinical research. Vol 7(3) 44-48.
- Sarita,A.Krishna sailaja. Preparation and characterization of Aspirin loaded ethyl cellulose nanoparticles by solvent evaporation technique.2014. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.2014. Vol 3(6) 1781-1793.
- V.Sree lola.A.Krishna sailaja, Preparation and characterization of Ibuprofen loadedPolymeric nanoparticles by solvent evaporation technique. International Journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences.Vol 6 (8) 416-421.
- Ch.Vinela, A.Krishna sailaja.Preparation of ibuprofen loaded Eudragit S-100 nanoparticles by solvent evaporationtechnique a2014.IJPSR.Vol 5(7) pp 375-384.
Our department has purchased the following equipment for carrying out the research in novel drug delivery systems and conventional dosage forms.
- Probe sonicator
- Cooling Ultra centrifuge
- Dissolution apparatus (2)
- Double beam spectrophotometer (3)
- HPLC (1)
- Orbitory shakers