The College has a well-established canteen in the campus. It forms the junction of the students from different courses. It makes all edible items available to the students and faculty members as per their requirement. The environment in the canteen is clean & hygienic. The rates charged for various items of food are checked and approved by the college administration. Canteen is open on working days from 8.30 am to 5.30pm.
A canteen committee is responsible
– To facilitate hygienic and nutritious food at reasonably priced merchandise and services essential to their comfort and well-being.
– For monitoring the operations of the canteen and implementing and reviewing the canteen policy. They may also be responsible for specific decisions as specified in the canteen policy, such as changes in the menu. A canteen committee is a proven way to give the canteen enough autonomy to operate as a business while maintaining strong connections with the institute.
Some advantages of having a canteen committee are:
– The Committee monitors, at regular intervals, the quality and quantity of services provided by the canteen and works together with the canteen in charge to improve the services with regards to quality of the food provided, timing of canteen, prices of articles sold. The workload of overseeing the canteen can be shared amongst a team.
– It is a forum where different views and ideas from the organization can be considered without disrupting the day to day management of the canteen.
– It separates the direction of the canteen from the management of the canteen, giving the organization more flexibility in how the canteen operates.
– Ensuring maintenance of canteen standards & development of human resources by making use of customers’ feedback as a source of improvement.
– Becoming actively involved within one community monitoring & recording one environmental progress always with the goal for future development.
– The canteen committee proposes major decisions on the operation of the canteen these include long and short term goals, policies employment and finance.
– The canteen coordinator directs the canteen staff and volunteers on matters related to day to day management of the canteen.
– Plan, organize, control and evaluates the needs of the canteen.
– Ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
– Present a monthly and yearly report to the management.
– Produce a canteen menu and price list.
Constitution of the Committee:
Committee Coordinator: S.P. Anupama
Committee Members: A.Madhavi