EDC CELL RBVRR Women’s College Of Pharmacy
Entrepreneurship Development Cell was established in RBVRRWCP in Feb 2018 under the guidelines of AICTE with a view to foster the entrepreneur skills among the students. Entrepreneurship is a key element in the industrialization and economic progress of a nation. History is replete with examples of entrepreneurs who have chased their dreams right from their student days and RBVRRWCP strictly believes that education is never complete without exposing students to this option. The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC cell) at RBVRRWCP was established with a vision of fostering innovation and promoting entrepreneurial skills among students. Hence an Entrepreneurship Development Cell was constituted in the college with a dedicated team of actively working faculty who has an industry exposure along with some student representatives. Aspiring Pharmacy entrepreneurs are groomed with the necessary inputs on how to be a successful entrepreneur through workshops and seminars by eminent people from the industry. At RBVRRWCP, we encourage the students to consider self employment as a career option, providing necessary training in Entrepreneurship skills through standardized courses. The cell also organizes different activities and events from time to time to train and motivate the students on entrepreneurship.
ORIGIN OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
The Educational institutions play a significant role in the economic development of a country as they produce the right type of human resources needed by different sectors of the economy. The technical and non- technical higher learning institutions assume greater importance in this context as these institutions produce the technical manpower needed for the industry. In order to make maximum use of facilities, expertise and innovation available in these institutions for the benefit of the economy, it is necessary that appropriate links are established between the institution and the industry. Today ED Cell in any educational institution is one of the platforms to interact and link Industries and educational institutions, with a view to train the people within college throughout to produce entrepreneurs for this country. 1
To Identify the opportunities that will allow the growth and success of every student through Develop interdisciplinary learning environments that teach students to see new opportunities out of present ordinary human life pattern and students to be given the chance to see new business opportunities and to carry them to materialization with Sponsoring the monetary funds, technological and logistical assistance to the future job providers rather than job seekers.
To expand the entrepreneurship through education, research and training, thus speed up the economic growth, by increasing the supply of new entrepreneurs and build up performance of the existing ones. Initiate entrepreneurial culture within the institutional mechanism and recognizes their responsibity for providing motivation, guidance, opportunity to women and weaker section entrepreneurs of the society and other services to prospective and budding new entrepreneurs.
- To develop entrepreneurship awareness
- To organize
- Entrepreneurship Motivation Programs (EMPs)
- Skill development programs (SDP)
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps (EAC)
- Entrepreneurship Development Programs (EDP)
- Faculty Development programs (FDP)
- Competitions to unleash the entrepreneurial potential among students.
- To aid them in initiation of industries and Business.
Collaborate with entrepreneurship promotion agencies, and organizations
- Leverage good student projects Product Identification
- Field Survey, Methods for marking research
- Provide escort service for obtaining loan and other approvals.
- To Promote Innovation
- Foster innovation and create an entrepreneurial culture in the institution.
- Provide services, information and guidance to budding entrepreneurs.
- Establishment of entrepreneurship Incubation centers
- Creation and dissemination of new knowledge
- To improve the managerial capabilities
- Encourage non-corporate and unorganized sectors like education, rural development, small-scale industry etc.
- Participate in institution entrepreneur building efforts
- Respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities
- To Stimulate
- Factory visits for prospective entrepreneurs in different parts of the country.
- Regional information center for maintaining technical base
- Testing, quality assurance, tool room maintenance.
AIMS of ED Cell
- Creating self-employment opportunities to Unemployed educators
- Increase the supply of competent entrepreneurs through training and motivation Implant the spirit of ‘Entrepreneurship’ in youth,
- Evolve and Spread out the new knowledge and insights in entrepreneurial theory and practice through exploration.
- Communication facilities with access to internet,Telephone, and Fax
- Books, Newspapers and magazines are accessible at the library
- Seminar, Conference and Practical room
- Xerox, laser printer.
- Instructions from faculty on technology issues
- Business meets with successful entrepreneurs
- Conversation on business problems
ACTIVITIES OF ED CELL
The Under mentioned various activities was carry out by ED Cell for the students which would help them in transforming their business idea in to practicality and also the necessary skills to be inculcated for a successful entrepreneur.
- Dr.Tripura Sundari,Dept of Pharmaceutics
- MrsK.Sruthi. Dept of Pharma.Chemistry
- Dr .K. Ratnamala, Dept of Pharmaceutics
- Dr. M.P.Kusuma. , Dept of Pharmaceutics